Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Third Stocking Complete

I am not a big fan of needlework (I like projects I can complete in an hour or less); so when I decided to make Emma's Christmas stocking 5 years ago, I didn't realize I was signing up for a lifetime of needlework (3 kids = 3 stockings, I wish I would have done the math sooner).

When I was a kid one of my highlights of Christmas decoration was our felt stockings made by my mom. I think it had a sequin or two and I was in awe. Nowadays....stockings have a bazillion sequins and the same number of little felt pieces. And to my little girls, spectacular equals the number of sequins present on the stocking (sorry, lots of math today). Nothing is ever simple, is it?

Anyway, I completed the third and final stocking just in time (even though Scarlett is not getting anything in her stocking). If I didn't get it done now there would be no big deadline looming to motivate me to complete it - except NEXT Christmas. I couldn't have that hanging over my head for another year (I have scrapbooks to complete that take on that job).

I hope to never have to sew another sequin to a piece of felt again. Ever.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job! I love them :) You should think about selling them

    ReplyDelete