Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tempt My Tummy - Pecan Sandies


I made a double batch of these over Spring Break - Easy and yummy! The recipe is from Everyday Foods (so is the picture).

Pecan Sandies
Makes 18
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla and salt. With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined. Fold in pecans.

Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, and place on two baking sheets, 2 inches apart. With the dampened bottom of a glass, lightly flatten each ball.

Bake until cookies are golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer to wire racks, and let cool. (To store, keep in an airtight container, up to 5 days.) I froze some of mine.

8 comments:

  1. I love your Tempt my Tummy posts. I need to check out others since I'm trying to make new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so good, thanks so much for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! One of very favorites!! Lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pecan Sandies - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy I love pecan sandies never made them before now I have no excuse, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the Creamsicle Cupcakes! Your recipe looks great! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pecan Sandies are my all time favorite cookies! I will have to try these.

    ReplyDelete