Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kids in the Kitchen - Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!!
Mimi and I made Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream for Emma (it's her favorite!) while Little Bit looked on. This was an easy, no-cook recipe and was FANTASTIC. Do you like the picture of them sampling it to make sure it was OK? :) After we put it in the ice cream maker and the girls went off to play, I couldn't stop sampling it from the little hole in the top of the maker. It was incredibly creamy and smooth!

SO SO SO SO SO Good!
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
I put these in the blender for 3 minutes and mixed on slow until the sugar dissolved.
Add
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
a few drops of green food coloring
a handful of chocolate chips
Blend again for just long enough for the food coloring to mix in.

Add to the ice cream maker and freeze according to manufactures directions.
Freeze for a few hours before eating, unless, like us, you enjoy soft serve ice cream.

Go over to A Little Fun With Me and Lu to check out more Kids in the Kitchen posts!

7 comments:

  1. WOW! I need that ice cream maker ... Hmm I think I might just have to go get one! How long does it take from strat to finish? Do u just pop the ingredients in the machine turn it on and walk away? Its not like those ole' timey things where you have to "churn" for hours right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love an ice cream maker and if you keep coming up with these great recipes, I might just get one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Papa use to have one of those. I loved making ice cream with him. I should get one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy -- my hubby LOVES mint chocolate chip!! Thanks for the great recipe.

    And, I second that ice cream maker -- we have the same one and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this would please one of mine for sure

    ReplyDelete