Monday, January 3, 2011

Training for a Half Marathon in 4 Days

On Monday I was asked if I wanted to run a half marathon on Saturday. 4 days to prepare for 13.1 miles. I said yes with no hesitation. Crazy, for a person who's longest run in the past few years has been 6 miles. I did run both a half and a full marathon in 2006 with two months training, so I'm not completely crazy. After the call, I ran 8, so I know it will be fine.

On Christmas Eve I was talking to a friend about running long races without training. We both have the personalities that would want to try just to see if we could. So this week I will get my wish :)


It is giving me a great excuse to start clean eating this week. I've been eating too many holiday treats for months now (lots and lots of sugar). A nice, unexpected way to start the year.


WooHoo! We'll see how it goes!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Good luck with that! You are very brave :)
    Any chance you're taking the new Beth Moore bible study starting on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! The most important thing is to cross the finish line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! You will do great:-)

    ReplyDelete