Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What I've Been Up To; Preschool Edition


 Loved this Christmas light idea I saw on Pintrest.  The kids enjoyed finding their names.  I laminated the paper, then cut the bulbs and used a dry erase marker to write their names so I can use them again next year. 


This little tree is in my dramatic play area.  The kids and decorate it over and over again.  There are even little tiny strings of lights.  We may make ornaments for it.


I recycled my tree from my fall bulletin board for this winter idea.  I'm not 100% sold on it.  I'll have to come up with something else next year.  You can't really see them but I made cardinals and blue jays.  They are a hit with the kids.


You have heard about using your Christmas cards for puzzles but I went a step further.  There are 10 puzzles, one for each student.  Each piece had a number on it.  The students get a number and each piece I draw from the pile they have to tell me who's puzzle it belongs to.  When everyone has all four puzzles pieces, they turn them over and do the puzzle.  We assign different numbers and do it over again.


Number sets Christmas trees.  The students have to hand that number of lights on the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment